Trouble

Brotherly Love

Today’s (almost aborted) watercolor experiment:

Having worked for the past several days on painting studies of real leaves and trees, I thought I would delve into the abstract. My plan was to use my latex resist, pour out a leaf-like design, let it dry, experiment with colors on the uncovered paper, remove the resist and proceed based on what the revealed design suggested.

Process:

I was really surprised to see the goopy mess that was supposed to be my liquid latex, when I opened the bottle. Here is the resulting goopy latex-covered watercolor paper.

Watercolor: Preliminary sketch latex resist

I still thought it would be possible to continue and end up with an interesting result.

Here is the next stage, after applying the first wash (Moonglow, (Daniel Smith) and cadmium yellow pale):

Watercolor: Preliminary sketch 2 latex resist plus first wash

Removal of the latex:

What a disaster! The latex resist, resisted being removed. I ended up scrubbing the paper with a piece of leather. After about…

Ver la entrada original 146 palabras más

Anuncios

Responder

Introduce tus datos o haz clic en un icono para iniciar sesión:

Logo de WordPress.com

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de WordPress.com. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Imagen de Twitter

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Twitter. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Foto de Facebook

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Facebook. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Google+ photo

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Google+. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Conectando a %s