Today’s watercolor experiment:
It has been raining here for the past week. Yesterday’s experiment was a rendition of persimmon and fig leaves against a dark, wet background. Today, I painted another view of the rainy outdoors from a different perspective: through a screen.
Here is the reference photo:
My first thought on approaching this problem was to find an appropriate crop of the photo, count the number of little squares on the horizontal axis and the number on the vertical axis, and reproduce it on my watercolor paper. After all, this is a common way that artists scale up paintings proportionally, from a smaller-format rendition.
However, I found the prospect too tedious to consider. I decided to make my squares by marking 1 millimeter markings on the orthogonal axes of my paper, and drawing parallel lines at each mark, on each axis. I went over the penciled lines with…
Ver la entrada original 267 palabras más